What is a Money Plant?
The money plant is a beautiful plant that you can keep indoor, in your balcony garden, or in a hanging basket.
You can easily grow money plants both indoors and outdoors. Money plants are one of the most popular plants that you can spot in homes.
They grow in direct & indirect sunlight & have high survival rates. Other common names of money plants are- Golden pothos, Ceylon Creeper, and Hunter’s Robe.
Five leaves on each branch of money plants represent the five elements of Feng Shui- Metal, Wood, Water, Fire, and Earth
The plant is also extremely popular as it brings good luck to your home. Apart from that, the plant is also famous for its air-purifying capabilities.
Propagating a Money Plant
It is easy to propagate the money plant from cuttings. You either get a healthy plant from a nursery or acquire the cuttings from a mature plant at home. To propagate your money plant, get a healthy stem, and cut a 4–6-inch section below the root node.
Do remember to keep a few leaves at the top attached. Your cuttings are now ready to be planted, and you can propagate them
Growing Money Plant in a pot with Soil
- There are two methods for growing money plant with soil.
- One method is to grow cutting in a small pot or glass or water bottle with for a couple of weeks till the root formation. Once cutting gets complete toot system, then transplant it into the desired container filled with frilled with fertile well-drained soil.
- Another method is, Select a medium sized pot with a good draining system.
- And fill it with well drained soil; money plant thrives in all type of soil.
- Fill the soil, leaving 2 inches of space between the soil surface and rim of the pot.
- Make a 2-inch-deep hole in the middle of the pot, insert the node, and fill the hole with soil and tap the soil firmly.
- Water plant and place the pot a location where it gets at least 2 to 2 hours of sunlight.
- Maintain the moisture levels, till roots emerge.
- It takes a couple of weeks for root establishment.
- Once the cutting frons a complete roots system, place the pot in the desired location in the house where it gets partial sunlight or shade and water the plants once a week, dry6 soil completely during the water session.
- Arrange some stake support for the vine to climb.